Drip Irrigation System
- Seezar Soesan has experience in growing
acres of coffee seeds and tropical crops in upstate Myanmar for many
- Technology has evolved in today’s
Agricultural world. Seezar Soesan is introducing the use of
Irrigation Technology” which offers farmers a competitive edge and
sustainability in the business.
The advantage of drip irrigation
technology in agriculture are:
- Eliminates certain risk factors such as
heavy reliance on weather conditions (rain water) and soil types,
- Less reliance on man power, therefore, reduces operation costs and
- Distributes water efficiently.
- One time investment of drip irrigation system lasts for years (at
least 20 years).
- Development of several pilot projects
using drip irrigation system in collaboration with contract farmers are
- Success of the drip irrigation
pilot projects will seed the future plan on national wide drip
irrigation projects in
collaboration with the Ministry of Agriculture.
- “Our aim is to replicate the success of drip
irrigated firms in countries like Africa, India, Thailand and Malaysia
utilize water source and minimize operation cost while benefiting from it
in the long run.”